Special Curbside Trash & Recycling Pick-up Schedule for the week of November 19th
Due to the Observance of the Thanksgiving Day Holiday there will be no curbside trash or recycling pick-up in the City of Auburn on Thursday, November 22, 2018.
The following special trash pick-up schedule will be in effect for Thanksgiving week:
- If your trash pick-up day is normally Tuesday, you will be picked up on Monday, November 19, 2018
- If your trash pick-up day is normally Wednesday, you will be picked up on Tuesday, November 20, 2018
- If your trash pick-up day is normally Thursday, you will be picked up on Wednesday, November 21, 201
- There is no change in service for Friday, November 23, 2018 pick-up.
2018 America Recycles Day
Cayuga County, the City of Auburn and NUCOR Steel are joining
forces to offer Cayuga County and City of Auburn residents
Date: Saturday November 17th
Time: 8:00 am to 11:00 am
Location: City of Auburn Landfill
311 North Division Street, Auburn
Important Information Regarding
The City does not pick up medical waste. Do not put medical waste in your trash or recycling.
This is due to the fact that they are contaminated and pose a danger to trash collectors and the public.
Leaf and Lawn Clippings - Public Announcement:
Due to NYS DEC regulations the City will not collect leaves or grass clippings in plastic bags.
• NEW - Beginning January 1, 2016 leaves must be placed into separated bag-less containers or an approved brown paper leaf bag for curbside pick-up.
Also, please consider the following alternatives to bagging:
Alternative 1 = “LEAVE IT ON THE LAWN”. Mow over your leaves and grass clippings to mulch and further shred/scatter them on your lawn.
Alternative 2 = Backyard composting.
Alternative 3 = Landfill drop off. Grass clippings, leaves and brush may be dropped off at the City landfill at no additional charge if you have a City resident landfill permit.
• Please note, an approved brown paper leaf bag is a recyclable brown paper bag not larger than 35 gallons and not weighing more than 50 pounds when full.
• VERY IMPORTANT: Raking leaves or grass clippings to the curb is prohibited and may result in fines or separate collection
charges that will be billed to the property owner. Never put leaves or grass clippings into a storm/sewer drain.
Links and/or downloads:
More Information on How to Recycle:
Products with links:
Consumer grade glass, plastics, metals, newspapers and magazines can be combined and placed for curbside collection in the City every other week.
Clean and bundled corrugated or single-ply cardboard can be placed for curbside collection in the City every other week.
The Cayuga County Sheriff's office coordination safe drop-off of unused prescription and over-the-counter medications. Please do not throw these medications in your trash, please do not flush these down the drain.
The City does not pick up medical waste. Do not put medical waste in your trash or recycling.This is due to the fact that they are contaminated and pose a danger to trash collectors and the public.
The City will collect for a fee large items such as couches, tables, kitchen appliances, mattresses, etc. Pick-up must be pre-paid and pick-up must be pre-arranged.
Save electronic items for drop-off at a community electronics recycling drop-off event.
Click the link for complete information on Leaves and Grass Clippings.
Click the link for complete information on Bundled Brush.