Skip Navigation
Detail Detail
Auburn NY Home
Visit History's Hometown
Detail Detail
Live Feed
Subscribe to E-News
Video on Demand
Services A-Z
This table is used for column layout.
Auburn NY on Facebook
Follow Auburn on Twitter
Follow Auburn YouTube Channel
Follow Auburn on Instagram
Water & Sewer Questions
My main sewer line is backed up, what do I do?
A.  Call us at 255-4728 to check the main in the street.  If the main is not backed up the lateral or main waste line from the house is the problem, which is the responsibility of the homeowner to have cleaned.

My sewer line needs to be replaced, will the City replace it?
A.  No, the property owner is responsible to engage a plumber or drain layer at their expense to replace the line all the way to the main in the road.

I have low water pressure and believe that I have a water leak, what do I do?
A.  Call the Public Works department at 255-4728 to investigate and determine the problem.  Many times, we find the problem to be within the house, debris in the faucet aerator screens or problems associated with the water meter.

What if there is a leak in the water line, who fixes it?
A.  If the leak is between the water main in the street and the valve box by the curb, the City will repair it and bill you the cost.  If the leak is between the valve box at the curb and the house, the property owner is responsible to engage a plumber or drain layer to replace it.

What if I cannot afford the cost of the sewer line or water line replacement and it is an emergency?
A.  The City provides assistance through a water/sewer replacement program repayable over 5 years.  Applications for this program are available through Engineering Services at City Hall.

What if I have a problem after hours?
A.  If you have a problem after hours, you can call (315)253-8354 or (315)253-8754 and someone will respond within a short period of time.

Detail Detail
Memorial City Hall
24 South Street, Auburn, NY 13021
Employee Login
Virtual Towns & Schools Website