Skip Navigation
Detail Detail
Auburn NY Home
Visit History's Hometown
Detail Detail
Live Feed
Subscribe to E-News
Video on Demand
Services A-Z
This table is used for column layout.
Auburn NY on Facebook
Follow Auburn on Twitter
Follow Auburn YouTube Channel
Follow Auburn on Instagram
License Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I go to get a Marriage License ?  
A.  Marriage LIcenses are issued by appointment at the City Clerk's Office in City Hall.  For more information on getting married in NY State visit the New York State Department of Health

Does a dog have to be licensed if I live in the City of Auburn?
A.  Yes. NYS Agriculture and Market Law requires that at 4 months of age a dog needs to be licensed.  To license a dog you will need a rabies vaccination certificate and a certificate if the dog is spayed/neutered, all issued by your vet.

How much does a Dog License cost?
A.  The fee is $15.50 if the dog is not spayed/neutered or $7.50 if the dog is spayed/neutered.

What information do I need to bring with me to get a Marriage License?
A.  According to NYS Law, for a first marriage you and your future spouse would need a certified copy of a birth certificate along with a valid driver’s license, non-driver’s I.D. or passport.  If it is a second (or more) marriage, in addition to what is listed above, copies of divorce papers or death certificate depending on how each marriage had ended.  It is recommended that you schedule an appointment to obtain a marriage license. Call 255-4100.

Detail Detail
Memorial City Hall
24 South Street, Auburn, NY 13021
Employee Login
Virtual Towns & Schools Website