Skip Navigation
Detail Detail
Auburn NY Home
Visit History's Hometown
Detail Detail
Live Feed
Subscribe to E-News
Video on Demand
Services A-Z
This table is used for column layout.
Auburn NY on Facebook
Follow Auburn on Twitter
Follow Auburn YouTube Channel
Follow Auburn on Instagram
Contractor and Homeowner Insurance Information
All construction work requiring a permit requires insurance for the person performing the work whether a contractor or the homeowner. Homeowners who reside in premises up to four (4) units may complete the form BP-1. Homeowners who do not live on the premises or for five (5) or more owner-occupied residences a Certificate of Attestation for Exemption (CE-200) must be completed. All contractors who carry workers' compensation and/or disability must submit proof of insurance on the proper forms. For those contractors who are sole proprieters or partnerships and do not carry workers' compensation and/or disability a CE-200 must be obtained.

Instructions for obtaining the Certificate of Attestation of Exemption (CE-200). Be sure to bring us the certificate, not the application.


Affidavit of Exemption for Insurance Coverage for a 1-, 2-, 3-, or 4-Family, Owner-occupied Residence  (BP-1). This may be completed in the Code Enforcement Office when you come in for your permit.


Proof of workers' compensation and disability must be submitted on the following forms:


Plumbers and Electricians see the Plumber and Electrician information links.

Detail Detail
Memorial City Hall
24 South Street, Auburn, NY 13021
Employee Login
Virtual Towns & Schools Website