The Auburn City Clerk is appointed as a Marraige Officer in the City of Auburn and provides civil ceremonies at Memorial City Hall during business hours on appointment. The Marraige Ceremony fee is $50.00. To make an appointment please call 315-255-4100.
Who can perform a marriage ceremony?
To be valid, a marriage ceremony must be performed by any of the individuals specified in Section 11 of the New York State Domestic Relations Law.
- The mayor of a city or village.
- A former mayor
- A marriage officer appointed by the town or village board or he city common council.
- A justice or judge of the following courts: the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, the US District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern or Western Districts of New York, the NYS Court of Appeals, the Appellate Division of the NYS Supreme Court, the NYS Supreme Court, the Court of Claims, the Family Court, a Surrogates' Court, the Civil and Criminal Courts of New York City (including Housing Judges of the Civil Court) and other courts of record
- Link: Auburn City Court
- Link: Cayuga County Courts
- Link: Cayuga County Town and Village Courts
- A village, town or county justice
- A member of the clergy or minister who has been officially ordained and granted authority to perform marriage ceremonies from a governing church body in accordance with the rules and regulations of the church body
- A member of the clergy or minister who is not authorized by a governing church body but who has been chosen by a spiritual group to preside over their spiritual affairs.
- The Auburn City Clerk is appointed as a marraige officer in the City of Auburn and provides civil ceremonies at Memorial City Hall during business hours on appointment. The Marraige Ceremony fee is $50.00. To make an appointment please call 315-255-4100.